Doing a quick cardio workout at home is extra accessible than you would possibly think. It’s efficient, gives comfort, and you could even save money. Fortunately, a good cardio exercise doesn’t have to require a ton of space or fancy equipment.
Burn calories, lose weight and feel great with this 10-minute at home cardio exercise routine.
These weight-free exercises are easy and accessible for beginners and experts alike. Select 3 to 4 exercises from the list below. Perform each for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then continue onto the next. When you’ve completed all cardio workout exercises, rest for 15 to 30 seconds, then repeat for 3 to 4 total rounds.
- Start in high plank position, with shoulders over wrists and core tight and activated. You can be on your toes with straight legs or on your knees.
- Draw right knee into chest, then return to high plank with both feet on the floor.
- Repeat with left leg.
- Continue alternating legs as quickly as you can. The faster you go, the more intense the exercise.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart and start to run in place. Keep core activated, especially your lower abs, and relax shoulders away from ears.
- Pull right knee up toward chest, then left knee up toward chest.
- Continue alternating legs as quickly as possible. Turn up the speed to amplify the workout.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart and make sure your core is engaged.
- Jump up, then immediately drop to the floor, placing hands on the floor and shooting feet back so you’re in a high plank position.
- Do a push-up.
- Quickly jump feet back to hands and, in one movement, stand and jump up.
We’re assuming you did jumping jacks in elementary school PE, but on the off chance you didn’t, here’s a refresher:
- Stand with feet together, arms relaxed at your sides, and abs engaged.
- Jump legs apart and bring arms out, first to a T shape and then overhead, clapping at the top.
- Keep knees bent as you jump feet back together and bring arms down.
- Repeat as quickly as possible.
The basic lunge is a great cardio workout exercise for building muscles in your legs and getting your heart rate up. Here’s how to do it:
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, core tight, shoulders relaxed, and arms at your sides.
- Step forward with right foot and lower your hips until both knees are bent at roughly a 90-degree angle. Line up right knee directly over right ankle and hover left knee above the floor.
- Keeping the weight in right heel and activating glute muscles, push back to a standing position. Repeat on the left side.
- Repeat this at a steady but quick pace, keeping glutes and core activated.
1.From a standing position, shift weight into left foot and reach right hand down to the floor while bending right knee to hover bent right leg behind left leg. Torso should be parallel to the floor and right arm extended straight out at shoulder height. That’s your starting position.
2.Push through left foot to jump laterally to the right, while switching arms to land with right foot planted, left leg bent and hovering behind right, and left fingers touching the ground.
3.Continue alternating until time runs out.