The BEST gluten-free pancakes! They’re light, puffy, and filled with rich vanilla flavor. Recipe from Cannelle et Vanille by Aran Goyoaga.
- 2/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- extra-virgin olive oil or butter, for the pan
- maple syrup, fruit and/or yogurt, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, tapioca starch, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in the milk, maple syrup, egg yolks, and vanilla. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a clean bowl, whip the egg whites to soft peaks. Fold them into the batter, being careful not to deflate it too much.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add a dab of butter or a drizzle of olive oil to the pan and pour in 1/3 cup of the batter. Cook until a few bubbles appear on the surface, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, then flip the pancakes over and continue cooking for another 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until set. Watch the pancakes closely to make sure they don’t burn, adjusting the heat and the cooking time as needed. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding a dab of butter or more oil each time.
- Serve the pancakes with maple syrup, fruit, and/or yogurt for serving.
Source : loveandlemons.com