Yum! I love this oil-free, vegan, fried rice recipe. Top with cilantro and fresh chile and you are good to go!
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small nob ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium Tamari
- 2 tablespoons dry sweetener
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 8-ounce can chopped pineapple, or fresh if available
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 red chile, seeded and diced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small head broccoli, diced
- 2 cups uncooked brown jasmine rice
- Give your rice a good wash and then cook it according to package directions or in a rice cooker.
- Heat a tablespoon of water over medium-high heat in a nonstick frying pan or wok, until the water begins to simmer. Add the carrots, broccoli, and green onions and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, corn, pineapple, spinach, chile, and cilantro. Mix together and turn down to medium heat. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time as needed, to keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
- To prepare the sauce, place the garlic, ginger, tamari, and coconut sugar in a small saucepan. Stir and let it cook for a minute or until the sugar dissolves. Add the ½ cup water.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce, stir well, and let it cook and thicken for a further 2 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, throw it in the pan with the cooked veggies, pour your delicious sauce on top and mix it all through! Serve immediately.